The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-16-2012, 10:38 PM   #1
jayboe

New guy from Oklahoma

Hello, my name is Jason, and I have a ton of questions.. A 58 or 59 Apache 38was given to me by my uncle. I say 58 or 59 becase of the quad headlights, and 38 because of the fender emblem. It will run, is pretty much all original, but has been sitting for several years.. It has a 6 cyl, and looks like it was originally a flat bed of some kind. It has single rear wheels, but looks like it could have had dual rear wheels at some point.. The cab is in great shape, and very minimal rust issues.. My questions are this.

1) It has a wrap around rear glass, was that specific to a certain year?
2) I would like to find a good source of information about what it had originally, and what modern improvements to the brakes can be adapted easily..
3) What size are the wheels/tires, and would the bolt pattern be the size of some of the later model heavy duty trucks.. I plan to get some pics this weekend to share, and hopefully get more info about what i have..I havent seen it in a few months.
4) I want to learn all I can about this and make just a nice reliable farm truck and try to save it. Thanks in advance for all of your help..Feel free to call or text if you can help me.. Thank you.. 918-638-9877
jayboe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 11:55 PM   #2
|ow|ife

Re: New guy from Oklahoma

I know I'm new here but I'm not new to forums... I get the impression that you don't plan on sticking around to learn all you want to know. A welcome area is usually reserved for intros, not for dumping all of your questions. There is a separate forum correlative to your truck's year range that would give you better results from experts that check *that* section of the forum more than just the intros.

Also, become acquainted with the search function since your questions may very well already be answered by the sage guys who have been on here and posted for years.

Hope this helps you in your endeavor. The open internet search engines and google images can also help you pin down information you are asking if you are willing to do a little digging.
use your skills, not your wallet
|ow|ife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 08:20 AM   #3
jayboe

Im not sure what you mean about not sticking around, and I apologize if I put this in the wrong topic listing.. I plan on learning all i can about this truck, and keeping it. It has been handed down, and i am excited about working on it and getting it back into a nice, usable truck.. I'm simply just looking for some information on the model, and what I have.. Thanks
Old 02-17-2012, 04:23 PM   #4
1ATony

Welcome to the site
1ATony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 06:57 PM   #5
58 gmc
ToTM Winner

Welcome from OKC
Old 02-19-2012, 11:20 AM   #6
olblue60@aol.com

Welcome from Maryland. Take some time to navigate around the site. There are lots of friendly people with a wealth of knowledge they will be happy to share

John
1941 Chevy Sedan Delivery
1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery
1972 Camaro SS 396 #s matching
1971 Harley FX Superglide
olblue60@aol.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 10:06 PM   #7
jayboe

Thanks.. Heres some pics of my new truck...
Attached Images

Old 02-20-2012, 07:38 AM   #8
olblue60@aol.com

Nice truck, and almost no rust ! The large back window doesnt make a year specific but is one of the most sought after options on trucks of that age. It appears that the apache fender emblems being slid to the front of the fender instead of back towards the door makes it a 1959. I believe the emblem location is the only difference in the years. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong please). What are your plans fo it?

John

P.S. We all love pictures on this site. Thanks and keep them coming with your progress!
1941 Chevy Sedan Delivery
1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery
1972 Camaro SS 396 #s matching
1971 Harley FX Superglide
olblue60@aol.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 08:00 AM   #9
jayboe

My immediate plans are to get it running again, and then get a good set of wheels, tires for it.. It was running not too long go, so hopefully it wont take much to get it moving.. The only bad rust is in the pass door and lower fender. He has the original wheels for it, but I wasnt sure if I would better off using a more modern style 16 inch wheel.. I have a set from an 87 dually.. Do you know if the lights on top of the fenders are correct or added by someone?? I have seen them with and without..
Old 02-20-2012, 08:52 AM   #10
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by |ow|ife View Post
I know I'm new here but I'm not new to forums... I get the impression that you don't plan on sticking around to learn all you want to know. A welcome area is usually reserved for intros, not for dumping all of your questions. There is a separate forum correlative to your truck's year range that would give you better results from experts that check *that* section of the forum more than just the intros.

Also, become acquainted with the search function since your questions may very well already be answered by the sage guys who have been on here and posted for years.

Hope this helps you in your endeavor. The open internet search engines and google images can also help you pin down information you are asking if you are willing to do a little digging.
That was kinda rude and definitely not how we do things here. Thanks for explaining that there are forums, but keep in mind we do prefer people to say more than Hi I am new here, in the welcome area. Also, we do NOT refer folks to search.. search sucks. They can ask the same question 968x if they wish to.. You never know whom is going to have a new idea or new way to do something, if the question is not asked again.

Please take some time to read and become acquainted with this community before telling folks how things are done. Your post goes against everything the owner of the site founded it for.
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 08:55 AM   #11
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayboe View Post
Im not sure what you mean about not sticking around, and I apologize if I put this in the wrong topic listing.. I plan on learning all i can about this truck, and keeping it. It has been handed down, and i am excited about working on it and getting it back into a nice, usable truck.. I'm simply just looking for some information on the model, and what I have.. Thanks
First, welcome to the site. I see you have found the year specific area and started a new topic there as well. I look forward to watching your project thread. If you have any questions about navigating the site etc, feel free to PM a staff member at anytime.
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote