The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-29-2013, 08:17 PM   #1
Roush

need help rebuilding a manual steering column

Gentlemen,
I would like to thank everyone who contributes to this forum. I was told about this site more than a year ago and have spent countless hours learning about these trucks. This site has saved me thousands of dollars and many hundreds of hours in time. It has also motivated me to rebuild my great grandpas 68 GMC with the help of a friend. I would never have attempted my project without this site, my friend Pete (yes the man of YouTube fame, you can laugh now) and a friend that is helping me. Of course on the opposite end this site has also contributed to the severe depreciation of my bank account (but in a good way!), AND the account manager has had a few choice words. I'm sure she will get over it once she takes a couple of rides. Alright let's get on with it.

Question:

I am trying to rebuild a manual steering column (non-tilt) and have spent nearly 10 days trying to find a diagram/exploded view. When I put the housings together they just don't seem to fit quite right. I am not sure where the rubber bushing/s and bushing seat/s are configured. Do they go in before the (bell shaped) housing or between the (bell shaped) housing and the directional signal housing or between both?

Thank you for your help.
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device
Roush is offline   Reply With Quote