The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > All 4x4 Tech & Off Roading

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-25-2014, 12:36 AM   #1
stampy

Rancho 9000xl Shocks

Anyone running Rancho's 9000xl shocks? Looking for opinions/reviews. I have a 79 K10 riding at stock height in rear, one ton leafs in front. Canadian Tire quoted me a "sale" price today, $119 each for the fronts, $180 each for the rears. Are there any others that you may recommend? Thanks for any input!
stampy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 01:13 AM   #2
woodwright
Enjoying left field

Re: Rancho 9000xl Shocks

There used to be a guy over on pirate4x4 that was a rancho distributor. You might hunt around over there and see if hes still there.

70 Chevy 4WD "Ultimate Work Truck" SOLD
woodwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 01:21 AM   #3
05duramaxhd

I have a set on my 06 duramax and I love them 2nd set! I know they run rebates a lot, I got mine for 80 a piece and a one free back last year.
05duramaxhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 10:44 AM   #4
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

I have the hijackers in mine and I like those ranchos are really stiff these are much better for limited use off road

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 12:10 AM   #5
stampy

Well i did a lot more shopping around. The cheapest place I can find the shocks are on Amazon. Ordering them from the states and shipping them to me in Canada is actually still cheaper than going down the street to the local CT..... Ridiculous.

Just to get the two front 9000XL shocks and the Rancho steering stabilizer will cost me $341 (incl. taxes, shipping and duty). And I would STILL need to buy two rears after too. That just seems crazy, so I am holding off until i know for sure what to do. I will have over $500 in shocks by the time im done, which doesnt seem smart.

Eventually I think i would like to run the Tuff Country 2" Lift. Would i be further ahead to just save that $500 and put it towards the lift? Maybe i should look into the My US Address thing and cross the border some day to pick it up WAY cheaper. Any Canadians ever use it?

Thanks for the input guys, much appreciated!
stampy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 01:12 AM   #6
dieseldawg142

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampy View Post
Well i did a lot more shopping around. The cheapest place I can find the shocks are on Amazon. Ordering them from the states and shipping them to me in Canada is actually still cheaper than going down the street to the local CT..... Ridiculous.

Just to get the two front 9000XL shocks and the Rancho steering stabilizer will cost me $341 (incl. taxes, shipping and duty). And I would STILL need to buy two rears after too. That just seems crazy, so I am holding off until i know for sure what to do. I will have over $500 in shocks by the time im done, which doesnt seem smart.

Eventually I think i would like to run the Tuff Country 2" Lift. Would i be further ahead to just save that $500 and put it towards the lift? Maybe i should look into the My US Address thing and cross the border some day to pick it up WAY cheaper. Any Canadians ever use it?

Thanks for the input guys, much appreciated!
yeah, shipping across the border is insane. i've had items come from florida to sumas wa for $10, but to go another 20 miles north of the border suddenly costs another $82!
theres a place 25 mins away across the border i use all the time. they hold your package for 60 days i think, $5 flat fee no matter what you send there.
as for duty, if it's made in mexico, usa, or canada, there's no duty on most things because of free trade agreement. i have bought thousands of dollars from the states & have yet to pay duty.
just make sure you have A RECEIPT!, with the price. i have used the actual ad a few times when i couldn't get a real receipt. if it falls under free trade, you just pay tax, just like at the local wallymart.
if your doing the whole truck, you can save at least a third of what it costs us up here.
dieseldawg142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 01:22 AM   #7
woodwright
Enjoying left field

This is the vendor from pirate4x4. He quoted me $375 shipped for 4.

Scott 812-623-3473

70 Chevy 4WD "Ultimate Work Truck" SOLD
woodwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 08:01 AM   #8
Bigdav160

As mention they can be very firm. I like the feel of them.

After 6 years I've beat the bushings out of them. They have "lifetime warranty" but you have to ship them back with purchase receipt.

Now I'm looking to find replacement bushings. In the meantime I bought Rancho 5000's
'73 Z-28 Camaro
'63 Ford SWB Uni Pickup
'50 Ford Coupe
Bigdav160 is offline   Reply With Quote