The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-07-2015, 07:56 PM   #1
jim-bob

Buying Seats/Need Help

I have worn myself out trying to find used bucket seats to FIT in my 67..
I've bought 3 sets and was lucky that one guy took his back..anyway has anyone on here ever bought from "Shop4Seats"(I think in Ca)..Matter of fact their ad is at the top of this thread right now! They have some nice looking seats for our trucks..just wonder if anyone has any experience with them..
Thanks
jim-bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 07:09 PM   #2
jim-bob

Re: Seats From Shop4Seats

..well I was hoping for some feed-back on this company before I pulled the trigger..OR.. any suggestions on where to buy new or used seats and console w/cup holder for my 67 GMC..Thanks
Old 07-08-2015, 07:43 PM   #3
Nitis

Re: Buying Seats/Need Help

I have seen some threads on here in the past and they do work but dont come cheap!

make sure you do a search because if I recall there are 2 places online that sell what appear the exact same thing and one is a little better price
Nitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 08:30 PM   #4
whtgmc68

I just bought Scat Pro-90 lowback seats and a mounting bracket from Classic Industries. I haven't got them installed yet and I will have to either buy or make a console but I bought everything during a 25% off sale for around $500. Others on here have used them and some have cut the mounting bracket down by 2" in order to get the height they want. I plan to use the factory height for now.
Attached Images

whtgmc68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 09:31 AM   #5
jim-bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by whtgmc68 View Post
I just bought Scat Pro-90 lowback seats and a mounting bracket from Classic Industries. I haven't got them installed yet and I will have to either buy or make a console but I bought everything during a 25% off sale for around $500. Others on here have used them and some have cut the mounting bracket down by 2" in order to get the height they want. I plan to use the factory height for now.
..yeah I look at those..and thought about getting the same ones..I noticed the low backs seem to be a little too low..and the hi-backs a little too high..In the truck the distance from the floor to the bottom of the window is approx 31" and I think the low backs are about 28"..am i right? Would you mind letting me know how you like them when you get them mounted..It sure would help..Thanks
Old 07-11-2015, 09:38 AM   #6
jim-bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitis View Post
I have seen some threads on here in the past and they do work but dont come cheap!

make sure you do a search because if I recall there are 2 places online that sell what appear the exact same thing and one is a little better price
..Thanks Nitis..yeah I was trying to save a little by going with used but then you gotta have'em recovered and probably new foam plus aggravation.. so if I can get assurance that a set of new ones are built sturdy I guess I'll go that route.
Old 07-11-2015, 09:56 AM   #7
joewell80

Does anyone have pictures of the Pro-90 lowbacks installed? I am thinking about going in that direction but would like to see what they look like in a 67-72.
joewell80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 02:55 PM   #8
whtgmc68

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim-bob View Post
..yeah I look at those..and thought about getting the same ones..I noticed the low backs seem to be a little too low..and the hi-backs a little too high..In the truck the distance from the floor to the bottom of the window is approx 31" and I think the low backs are about 28"..am i right? Would you mind letting me know how you like them when you get them mounted..It sure would help..Thanks
Yeah, I should have them in early next week. I am cutting down the frame like others here have done. If you search "procar" there are a few pictures of the lowbacks installed with the frame cut down. One of them has a 73-87 center console mounted between them and that is the route I am taking.
whtgmc68 is offline   Reply With Quote