The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-21-2015, 04:02 PM   #1
TBONE1964
Cluster King

Spark plug wire holder?

Anyone have a photo of the correct 4x4 spark plug wire holder for a 1970?

The one that bolts to the back of the intake on the drivers side with two bolts. I have the 2 wheel drive ones but need to see what the 4x4 one looks like. They are different. The 2wd version will hit the fire wall when installed on a 4x4 truck.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you,
Thomas

I am also a dealer for Counterpart for gauge cluster parts only.

Also see my facebook page, CG&C
TBONE1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 10:22 PM   #2
Jurassic-1

Re: Spark plug wire holder?

I can probably get pictures of my blazer but it is bolted with 2 intake bolts and it has a plastic wire loom at the top. It has the brake booster hose going through it. I can not get a good shot but the looms pictured in the photos the center one looks similar.
Attached Images

Jurassic-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 12:36 AM   #3
TBONE1964
Cluster King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurassic-1 View Post
I can probably get pictures of my blazer but it is bolted with 2 intake bolts and it has a plastic wire loom at the top. It has the brake booster hose going through it. I can not get a good shot but the looms pictured in the photos the center one looks similar.
Thank you Dave,

I appreciate the information. The second photo shows what I know to be the 1970 2wd bracket (the one in the middle). The one on the left looks like the one that bolts to the back of the block where the casting number is. I have never seen the one on the right. It looks like it would be a 350TH trans with power brakes but what year? That is a new one to me.

The question is, is the one in the middle for a 4x4 the same but with a different bend than a 2wd?

My truck is a 1970 350 engine with manual brakes and a 4 speed, so the one on the right would not be correct in my opinion. I could be wrong.

Take care,
Tom

I am also a dealer for Counterpart for gauge cluster parts only.

Also see my facebook page, CG&C
TBONE1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 09:34 AM   #4
Jurassic-1

The center one looks similar except it does not have a hole in the center for the power brake hose. It may be a different application but is the same style. I do not know if there were different brackets for power and non-power brakes. I will check in my parts book and see if I can find any more info. I wish the engine pics were better. The cruise is in the way and you can not see much.
Jurassic-1 is offline   Reply With Quote