The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-10-2015, 03:32 PM   #1
C1ph3r

Another newb with wheel questions

I have been avoiding asking questions trying to find all the answers myself. But I am reaching the limits of what I can currently do since I don't have the truck with me and I am in planning stages.

So I have a set of wheels I will be taking off my 4wd Tacoma when I take possession of my C10. I am thinking of using them rather than selling them. Taking them off the Tacoma because I will be getting rid of it.

Long story but I don't have the C10 yet. Still at my dads and I will be picking it up in a couple months.

Anyway, the wheels are 16x8 with a 4.5" backspacing with a 0mm offset and 6 x 5.5. Not sure of the center bore on the wheels but I imagine I will need to get hub centric rings. Not sure if i can just keep them lug centric or not.

Not 100% sure of where my suspension will be yet, but in the beginning it will have 2.5" drop spindles front and 3" springs back. The end goal is bagged with Porterbuilt Stage 2 deluxe rear and Stage 1 front. And some day later, finish the front with Porterbuilt front lower control arms.

Would these work or is the backspacing too far off? I know 4" BS would have been great in the 15x8 I was originally planning on but not sure with these and the extra BS. Also, what would the ideal size tire be? I want to be able to rotate left/right but not too concerned about front/back. that would be great but not a deal breaker.

thanks for any advice you guys can give.
A.W.
Old 11-10-2015, 10:48 PM   #2
Mike C

Re: Another newb with wheel questions

Most likely the wheels on the newer truck won't fit because the center hole is too small, not that you need a reducer ring.

But if they are aftermarket wheels, then all bets are off. I bought a set of '97 Z71 rims for my '69 short step before I converted to 5 lug and that was money down a gopher hole as they wouldn't fit.
68 Camaro 'vert LT1 & TH700
69 Z/28 355 12.6's @110
69 Chevy Short Step 4 1/2"/7" drop
72 Jimmy 4WD 4spd 4" & 35's
02 GMC 2500HD 4x4 Duramax
Mike C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 11:01 PM   #3
C1ph3r

Re: Another newb with wheel questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
Most likely the wheels on the newer truck won't fit because the center hole is too small, not that you need a reducer ring.

But if they are aftermarket wheels, then all bets are off. I bought a set of '97 Z71 rims for my '69 short step before I converted to 5 lug and that was money down a gopher hole as they wouldn't fit.
Turns out the center bore on my Toyota is actually bigger than the C10. So I should be good there. Since I already have these I won't be out anything for the wheels at least.