View Single Post
Old 07-15-2008, 03:42 PM   #2
gcburdic
Restoration Virgin!

Re: Project: Mistress

I forgot to mention in my first post that I really just wanted a newer truck to have for projects around the house, but again my bro said i should get an older truck and fix it up....he said "they'll hold their value much better than these newer pieces of junk!"....And lucky for me Dad and bro are hardcore Chevy fans.....
Okay...on with the story....So once we got her rolled into the shop...disassembly began.....It was pretty cool, since I have never EVER worked on a vehicle to this point (thus my nickname 'Restoration Virgin'), but with my brother and dad both car freaks....I thought this would be a great bonding project for us all....and I must say....It really has been....
I put ever nut, bolt, piece, piece of a piece, etc in ziplock bags (should've bought stock with them), labeled, and kept in a box for later use (yet another one of those lessons learned from my bro and dad)....I began learning SOOOO much about how these truck went together, and come apart quite easily I must say....pretty much all original stuff except the tailgate (it was bent/ bowed pretty good, and of course that cool wooden dash/ radio/ glove box area)....
The frame seemed to be in okay shape, except for in the last picture you can see where someone (maybe PO) hacked the frame horns off to put the roll pan in the front....Cab floor had some patched areas, but could see to much rust at this point....the core support was rusted in the usual spot under the battery tray and of course the PS fender...so here's some more pics of disassembly....
Attached Images

1972 Custom Deluxe C20 Suburban A Suburban Named Isabella

1966 Ford Mustang Mama's High School Graduation Present
gcburdic is offline   Reply With Quote