View Single Post
Old 07-02-2009, 08:42 AM   #141
GRIMSS

Re: '56 Chevy Panel build (SLP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72BlckButy View Post
BTW... the rear link is coming together nicely. Almost to nice to cover up.

Well after this stage of the build I don't know how long until I get to start the next stage, so it needs to look nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinos63 View Post
duuude nice work , i dig the 20" stealies great build

Thanks. Your trucks are just some of the many on this site that inspire a person to step up there game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodrookie View Post
Your suspension work is looking trick. I was thinking about a triangulated 4 link for my truck but I wasnt sure how to mount the upper bars close in towards the diff. Im looking forward to seeing how your upper bracket works.
Do you have any insight on the angle of the upper bars and the instant center?

Thanks. I kind of wish I went with a wishbone upper, but this is what I got so I'm going with it. These older trucks don't have much room to work with between the rails. I was having a hell of a time on my design until I got it drawn out full scale.

As for the angle spend some time in searching in the suspension forum. You want to be as close to 45 as you can get. I also went and looked at any picture I could find of setups to compare too.

This is not going to be a high horse power or curve carver so not as worried as most would be.

My reasoning for placing the upper link inboard over the diff is space. With the narrow frame rails and this being a panel, I didn't want the floor to have to be raised toward the front a ton.
1968 Camaro
1968 Volksrod "NOBACK"

55-59 one piece window Video
55-59 one piece window template files
Jared

Last edited by GRIMSS; 07-02-2009 at 08:44 AM.
GRIMSS is offline   Reply With Quote