Thread: Newtz '67 swb
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2010, 03:00 PM   #107
Newtz67

Re: Newtz '67 swb

Well it's been a while since I posted so.... We dropped the motor in and had some major issues. We set the motor mounts on the front holes, which is where the small block was. When we went to put the headers in they would not clear the a-arms. Also one of the tubes hit the drivers side motor mount. So looking at moving the motor back to the back holes, we discovered that the tall valve covers would hit the firewall. Today we plan to pull the motor, and look into modifying the firewall. We will also notch the motor mount a little to allow for the header clearence. All of this means I get to move my tranny mount back and shorten my driveline. Good stuff! I've seen that a couple guys have drilled new holes for the mounts and just went back a little, instead of all the way to the back holes. This may be an option for me, not sure yet. No pics yet, but I'll be sure to get some, in case someone else runs into this problem. Just FYI, I'm still very happy with the headers, I should have done more research and verified which holes the motor needed to be mounted in. They do tuck up in the frame very nice though. So nice, that I'm pretty sure my a-arms would hit the ground before the headers.

Last edited by Newtz67; 06-12-2010 at 03:04 PM.
Newtz67 is offline   Reply With Quote