View Single Post
Old 06-22-2010, 11:57 PM   #11
usmcchevy
Has more rust than truck...

Re: New Holley 600cfm carb

May be interested but do not know much about this carb or its applications. Please pardon the inquiries - and if this is more than you want to deal with, I understand.
No problem, I will answer any and all questions to the best of my knowledge. Be fore warned though, some people are very opinionated about their carb choices and applications.

s it a dependable type (free from a lot of tinkering and adjustments) and does the 600 CFM rating make it applicable to standard 350 SB and 402 BB applications (compared to Q-jet of same apps)? It is a Holley mechanical secondary carb, which in my experience is about as dependable as carbs get. In general 600cfm is enough for a warmed over 350 or a mild 402. If you are looking to tow, some like a smaller 2 barrel carb better for more torque. For street driving and strip duty 600 is about right.

Looks like it requires a fuel line setup that will feed two inlets - correct? Yes, you need something like this to hook it up.
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-G3110/

May I assume that the mechanical secondaries are activated my an extended position of the same control rod that operates the primaries, and is this an easy bolt-up fit for the fuel feet rods for engine types noted above? Yes, the mechanical secondarys start opening about 1/2 throttle and all four barrels are fully open at full throttle. You can use your factory fuel line from your fuel pump or make a new one to go to the part i linked to above.

Does any manual control choke fitting/cable come with it? No, you would need to use your factory one or get another.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

LSx Swap FAQ index
usmcchevy is offline   Reply With Quote