Thread: 55-56-57
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2011, 04:28 PM   #96
LDO

Unhappy Re: 55-56-57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan in Pasadena View Post
LDO- Wow what a royal pain in the .., posterior! I'm really liking your spray rubberized undercoat before the Peel 'n Seal. Especially that it's available at Pep Boys! I'm copying that. Hadn't thought about doing that IN the doors but I'll be doing it now. Did you weld up holes in the firewall or just go over them with the P&S?

Jim-Bob, The only thing you're not supposed to do around here is speak of yourself in the 3rd person, lol!
Posted via Mobile Device
I used the holes in the firewall for my wiring and choke cable. I think one of the holes was welded by the p/o though.

The peel n stick is good stuff but will gum up a drill bit if you use it to clear up a hole so dip them in thinner afterwards.

I used small rectangles inside the doors where I could reach. Also inside the removable door panels. Seems my build thread for pics of that.

Once I marked my seat and seat belt mounting holes, I used my soldering iron to burn in and carterize the holes. Now they wont fray and the carpet fibers wont interfere with getting the bolts started.
Posted via Mobile Device
LDO is offline   Reply With Quote