View Single Post
Old 10-26-2014, 01:52 AM   #112
no1udknow

Re: 68 c10 2wd in Sacramento, CA

I found that there was a circuit that had been cut, and another wire attached to it. It appears to be power for an electric choke. The end was an open eyelet and it was taped up against the firewall and the tape gave loose letting it lay on the manifold which caused it to short out and melt that one wire.... I clipped it and stubbed it properly. Ran the truck, and no more smoking wires. It did melt a section of the primary wire for the coil so I ran a new 12g wire from the fuse box in preperation for my HEI. I also diagnosed my non operating headlights to the floor switch but I intend to redo the switch and make a headlight relay harness. I pulled the plugs to see how the color was. I think I need to do valve seals I am seeing a bit of oil but I don't think it's rings, the motor doesn't have many miles on it but it did sit for many years.

I drovebtge truck around and it does have an oil leak around one of the valve covers, and it sounds like I have a substantial exhaust leak to track down.... getting that "flap flap flap" sound when I stomp on it. Other than that it needs some adjusting and I will feel comfortable driving it to work to lower it.
My build : 68 C10 Short Bed Conversion
no1udknow is offline   Reply With Quote