View Single Post
Old 01-17-2023, 12:21 AM   #292
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Re: LockDoc's "Low Budget", "Low Maintenance" Project Thread

-
And again today.

You can mount the hydroboost unit with the lines coming off the top or the bottom. From what I read it doesn't seem to matter. If you will notice in the picture of the square mounting plate there is a locating tab on the inside of the hole. That tab fits into the slot you can see on the side of the hydroboost "snout" in the first picture in my last post. All you would have to do is grind this tab off and tack a spot weld on the opposite side, and clean it up so it would slide into the slot on the side of the "snout", so the unit can't rotate.

The whole unit angles down a little bit because of the angle of the mounting plate. When I take it back off I think I will rotate the plate 180º. That way it will be level, because the firewall actually angles back at the bottom a little bit. The power steering hoses off of the '03 2500 truck will work great as long as I use an adapter on the pressure hose that goes to the steering box, or I might be able to cut the "O" ring end off of it and put a flare fitting on it. I will see if I have enough room to do that.

LockDoc
Attached Images

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote