View Single Post
Old 02-26-2023, 10:30 PM   #303
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Re: LockDoc's "Low Budget", "Low Maintenance" Project Thread

-
Installed the hydroboost for the last time the other day. Everything worked out great on it. I had to drop the column down part way to get the brake rod to brake pedal bolt in. It wasn't a big deal but it gets harder and harder to lay on my back under the dash. I never did like that job anyway.

Finished up the last brake line today and installed it, so the brakes are all plumbed and ready to be bled. Luckily I had the old brake lines from the frame to the valve for patterns so that made it pretty easy. All of the power steering hoses are in except for the return from the unit to the pump, I need to pick up some hose for it. I forgot to bolt the battery tray in before I installed the radiator but I think I can take the lower radiator hose loose on one end and move that end of the radiator back far enough to get the bolts screwed in. I will do that tomorrow. What a dummy. You would think this was my first build or something....

When I get the brakes bled I can concentrate on getting it running. I really don't want to start it without any brakes. I might drive through the overhead door.... or worse.

I need to go over everything and check that all nuts and bolts, all brake lines, connections, etc. are secure. Sometimes I install things temporarily and then forget to finish them up.

I have one wire that I have labeled NSS from the transmission loom that I'm not sure where it goes but I will get it figured out. I also need to secure the transmission wire loom to the frame rail in the next few days.

I talked to a friend of mine that works at a local muffler shop Saturday at breakfast and he said he could get it in whenever I was ready. Vroom,
Vroom...

Later,
LockDoc
-
Attached Images

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-

Last edited by LockDoc; 02-26-2023 at 10:35 PM.
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote