View Single Post
Old 08-26-2023, 12:01 AM   #325
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Re: LockDoc's "Low Budget", "Low Maintenance" Project Thread

-
It has been too hot to do much of anything on the Dually project this last week.

Installed the Positive battery cable, and finished up the transmission lines and installed them and the external cooler in the last couple of days. I go out early in the morning and in the evening, even though the evening is still way too hot and the breeze usually dies down then.

After going over the punch list I hooked up the ground cable and tried to turn it over... It wouldn't crank over. No power. After checking a few things I discovered that I hadn't installed the wire from the positive post on the battery to the junction block on the inside of the fender.. DUH! ... When I hooked that up it turned over fine.

I went and got some fresh gas this morning and put some injector cleaner and Stabil in it. I put 5 gallons in the tank and turned the key on and off two or three times to get the fuel pressure built up. Turned it to start and it instantly fired up. YES!!! My joy was short lived though because it died just as quick. I tried it a few more times and it did the same thing every time. Ok, lets pour a little gas into the TB and try it again. It started and ran until the gas was all burned up. It is Drive By Wire so tomorrow afternoon the wife can go out with me and turn the ignition on so I can check to see if there is any response from the throttle body. I will try to borrow my friends fuel pressure gauge tomorrow afternoon and check that as well. I think I will hook up the laptop computer with the HPTuners software on it and double check the VATS status, because that is what it acts like to me. If I get it to start I will see lf I can get a short video and figure out how to get it on YouTube. No guarantees on that though, I have never tried it before.

LockDoc

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-

Last edited by LockDoc; 08-26-2023 at 03:40 PM.
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote