View Single Post
Old 02-28-2015, 06:08 PM   #6
no1udknow

Re: questions about the 3/5 drop I just did....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lattimer View Post
If your axle is centered (or close enough) after the drop, you don't need an adjustable bar. Something must be off on your truck, because my axle was off almost 5/8" with a 3" drop. I did go to the super track bar to get the longer bar, which causes less axle movement due to the longer arc. But if you don't need it, keep what you got!

Swapping the shocks like you are talking would work fine, IMHO. Some of the aftermarket setups do pretty much what you are describing..
I measured the entire length of the axle from backing plate to backing plate and divided by 2 to find my center line. Then I found the center line between my frame and used a piece of round bar to hang a plum bob , and it was really close, no where near a 1/2 inch. I still have the adjustable panhard and if I start to notice anything then I will install it. I drove the truck home (40 miles) and it never bottomed once, even over the train tracks. But I assume their will eventually be some spring sag as they wear in.
My build : 68 C10 Short Bed Conversion
no1udknow is offline   Reply With Quote