View Single Post
Old 11-11-2015, 03:13 PM   #2
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Re: Price point for a drivable project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saphiro View Post
I'm seriously considering selling my C-20 and getting into a suburban. I like the idea of being able to take the whole family with me, and I suspect that the suburban will hold it's value together better than my '69 C-20.
I've found two trucks from the same seller that I think may be worth pursuing, but I want to get some perspective from folks who are borderline experts on these trucks.

The first truck is a 1972 GMC suburban with a 350 and a 4-speed, 2wd. It looks to be low-rust, but is missing the middle seat. The seller is asking $3500.

The second truck is a 1972 Chevy Suburban with a 350 motor and 350 tranny, 4X4. It's rusty, but everything appears to function (mechanically). The kicker is that it has no title (though I see that as a problem that can be overcome by using one of those title companies in Maine or Georgia). $1000.

I don't have a ton of space, otherwise I'd consider buying them both. Unless I can sell one of them quickly to aid in the overall cost.

Any thoughts as to the prices?
These are both on Craigslist, so someone could conceivably see this post and buy them out from under me. I understand that risk

Thank you!

Have you looked at either one of them in person? If not (and even if you have) you need to take a piece of cardboard to lay on and a good strong light and check both of them out really good underneath, also check the core support under the battery, above the windshield, underneath the visors, and around the heater box under the hood for rust. The seat wouldn't be a major problem, it would be a 3/4 length seat if the truck has the rear seat installed.

LockDoc

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote