View Single Post
Old 07-15-2022, 02:23 AM   #13
dagnabbitt

Re: 1967 GMC K20 " The Kodiak"

Maybe this is a good time to tell you what I paid for this thing. I wanted to wait until it was safely in my possession.

I always want to know this stuff, but never want to ask because it is rude. Here it is: $130 Canadian dollars in an online auction. That is about $99 bucks US.

I spent more money on snacks and beer for the weekend in which I went to get it. I don't want to talk about what I spent on fuel but I am still pretty happy, I could not leave it there.

As I said, I felt kinda weird sitting in a cowpatch changing wheels for an hour by myself so as soon as I got it on the trailer I got it out of there. I floored it through the cowpatch, cow stuff hitting my mirrors etc and didn't let off until I was on a service road a mile away. At that point I checked my straps as one does and also thought I would install the 67 GMC hood I brought with me. I think I explained earlier that buying this truck was a good solution for the hood I had leaning against my house for three or four years and which was from a truck I scrapped. Always the far-thinker at the last minute, I brought a spare set of hinges too, the ones that were on it were seized of course. On the side of the road I put them on and it became a truck again.
Attached Images

1967 K20
1968 C20
1970 C10
1972 GMC 2500
1981 C10
dagnabbitt is offline   Reply With Quote