View Single Post
Old 09-14-2011, 12:33 AM   #29
jlsanborn

Re: My '67 Fleetside C10 renew

Got some work done on the little Chebby yesterday and today

Thought I'd share what I learned an put a few pictures up.

First is a little clarification on the chop-job to the front springs. I cut one wrap off (the drop looks like a lock washer). Some folks have said it nets about a 2" drop, while I believe it's more like 1-1/4". I couldn't really measure actual ride height before and after as I did more than one thing at a time. Here's a pic that might make it more clear. If you measure from bottom to bottom it's about 1-1/4". If you measure bottom to top its 2".

Next were the conversion spindles I got from POL. These things made it super easy. Truly a bolt on other than the dust shields. There are bosses in the casting, but they are not drilled/tapped. Easy enough to transfer the holes and drill/tap to 5/16-18

The OEM dust shields require a little tweaking to get them on. The caliper and therefore the shield is "rotated" back slightly from the stock position. With the drop spindle and this rotation, the lower A-arm clearance hole is in the wrong spot. I simply trimmed as requried for clearance.

I cleaned up the rotors and calipers I got from the u-pick bone yard and got them on. They are in nearly perfect condition and well worth the few bucks and my time.

Lastly, I threw on the "some otha mutha's rubber" that came with my rear end. They're big poofy truck size tires (235/75-15), but I had to have a look. It's gonna be cool with some rally wheels and lower profiles!

Had to throw a shot of the big Chebby in there too.

Sorry, I don't know how you guys insert pictures in the body of your posts! I think I need to upload them from a URL rather than my disk drive. The rest of the shots are on the next post.

Moving on - John
Attached Images

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=471776
jlsanborn is offline   Reply With Quote