View Single Post
Old 05-25-2022, 03:47 PM   #14
dagnabbitt

Re: 1964 292 Valve Cover

So, to recap, the existing (orange) valve cover does have a PCV valve going to vacuum, etc on the top rear of the cover.

But the valve cover I wish to use (cause it has cool Chevrolet script on it) has not just that, but also provision on the front driver's side for a (cold air?) tube going to above the carb, below the oil bath air cleaner.

This week I remembered that I did have one of these tubes, it was on a 67 250 that I scrapped a few years ago and I kept it in case it proved to be of any use. If I wish to use it I will need the rubber grommet for the side of the valve cover I want to use. So my questions are:
  • Where can I find this rubber grommet, is it still available for sale? I should probably get one for the rear top hole where the PCV goes as well.
  • Should I go this route or just put a breather in that side hole?
  • Although people posting to this thread have been very helpful and great explaining how a PCV system works, I am still unsure if the change I am thinking about is: better than existing; a waste of time; actually detrimental, since GM didn't think I needed this set up in 1964.

Thanks for all the help.
Attached Images

1967 K20
1968 C20
1970 C10
1972 GMC 2500
1981 C10
dagnabbitt is offline   Reply With Quote