Thread: Newtz '67 swb
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2010, 07:30 PM   #78
Newtz67

Re: Newtz '67 swb

Quote:
Originally Posted by seafoam68 View Post
I'd also be intrested in those header options, Stoker. Newtz, thats a great looking truck. I look forward to looking on here for your progress. My 68 was also my dads truck. He bought it from the first owner in 1970, been in the family ever since. It was used as a work truck in the construction business till about '83 when I started driving it. Finally after about 250,000 on the original 327 I had to park it. Been a project ever since, HA! Funny story about the 327. When I took it to the machine shop, the guy looked at the crank and asked me what this engine came out of. The crank was the forged steel, big journal kind. My dad had taken the truck back to dealer shortly after he bought it because it had a "miss". The dealer fixed it by changing the camshaft out. Flash forward to the machine shop, steel crank, "fuelie" heads, the cam being changed years before because to my non-hot rod dad thought it had a miss ? Was my truck made on a Friday at quitting time and someone threw in a 327 destined for a vette insted of a c-10 ? That's my story and I'm sticking to it !
Haha, that's good stuff!
Newtz67 is offline   Reply With Quote