View Single Post
Old 09-27-2014, 10:28 PM   #79
no1udknow

Re: 68 c10 2wd in Sacramento, CA

Thanks for the encouragement. I dont intend to change the look of the truck too drastically (Imean other than the shorty conversion), but I actually am not from Sacramento originally, I grew up east of Jackson in Calaveras County, I spend time up there often with friends or family, it is a very mountainous area with a lot of twisty roads so I really want to get the suspension dialed in and make it corner. Shortening the chassis will be the first step in that. The next step will be lowering it a littlw and putting in modern springs, then ballancing the weight front and back, and some swaybars. for now I am running the 275/60/15's all around, but eventually I would like to go to a lower profile 17 or 18. nothing drastic where I need to cut the inner fenders, just a little less sidewall. Less sidewall = stiffer sidewall, stiffer sidewall = less roll. I have been reading and watching a lot of videos concerning pro touring cars and I feel like that is the rout I want to go. I want to be able to run a road race if I feel like it, yet still have a comfortable enough ride to take it on a cruising trip.
My build : 68 C10 Short Bed Conversion
no1udknow is offline   Reply With Quote