View Single Post
Old 07-01-2016, 12:14 AM   #6
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Re: replaced brake Master Cylinder, but need rubber seal between MC and booster (72 G

Quote:
Originally Posted by centuryhouse View Post
Did you guys see in my post where I said they replaced the master cylinder, but didn't replace the seal that goes between it and the booster?

The seal is torn and has a hole in it but they stuck it back in place, because they didn't have a new one and the parts stores can't seem to find the part.

The booster worked 100% with no vacuum leak when I drove it into the shop yesterday.

My problem that I am posting about, is that I can't figure out where to buy that part - the rubber grommet / seal that goes between the MC and booster. Unless you guys think the seal can't cause a vacuum leak. But it makes no sense to me that a 100% working booster would coincidentally stop working the same afternoon they replaced the rest of the stuff.

Yes, I saw what you posted about the seal but as I stated in my previous post I don't think that seal would create a vacuum leak. The booster should be a sealed unit. If you find that I am wrong I hope you will add that info to the thread.... By the same token if I am right that info would be useful to others also.

LockDoc

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote