View Single Post
Old 02-03-2008, 02:39 PM   #70
Ackattack

Re: Ackattack's Pro touring restoration thread

I haven't posted much on here lately....been kinda slow going, though I have been working on the truck.

I shaved the drip rail along both sides of the doors, and have started along the top of the cab. It's a slow process of grinding and welding so that the sheets of metal don't seperate. I'll get some better pictures, but here is one of the progress.

I got a new pitman arm, but the pickle fork I borrowed from autozone is too small, so I guess I can't call my steering complete yet.

I installed the rear parking brake cables. I used the cables from a camaro to match the calipers. I have the intermediate cable on its way.

The brake lines are about ready to go on. I cleaned them up from the parts truck along with the little brackets that bolt them to the frame. I'll need to go get a tubing cutter and some additional tubing. I also need to figure out what I'm going to do to actually connect the lines to the rear calipers. I got the stainless steel brake lines from ECE awhile ago.

Oh, I also opened up the hole on the rear rotors so they fully seat on the axle flange.

Got the patch panels for the filler neck hole and the 3 for the heater holes welded in. I still have some clean up grinding to do on the firewall as well as fill in a lot more smaller holes. I forgot pictures of that progress though.

Then yesterday I started cutting metal out of the floor. I started with the inner rocker/cab piece. This is a real nice piece that runs from the front seam all the way to the back of the cab. I also put in the kick panel patch. Now, I still have some more floor to replace, so that's why the front of this piece looks goofy. I'm not going to have to replace the bottom of the door pillar, so why it was apart I cleaned it up and put on a coate of POR15 to protect it.

Ackattack is offline   Reply With Quote