Thread: 1968 C20 Build
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2020, 03:21 PM   #26
dagnabbitt

Re: 1968 C20 Build

I've been puttering away at this one day a week, and have been making slow progress. Upon discovering that its 327 was seized, The 1967 GMC Custom pictured below has donated the following to the 1968 Chevrolet:
  • Taillights
  • West Coast Junior Mirror frames/brackets
  • Cabin light cover
  • Five gauge dash
  • Brake and gas pedals
  • AM radio
  • All the deluxe dash knobs I need
  • Emergency hand brake assembly and cable
  • Dash vents
  • Rubber door and hood stoppers
  • Numerous original screws and bolts which only someone could on this site could see value in, I know, but now the 68 has no rusty "Robertson" screws in the headlight bezels, etc.

And all four original wheels: I managed to put together four other wheels out of my junk collection to keep it rolling. Three 1990 14" Mazda truck rims from a B2200 I owned 20 years ago, as well as one trailer tire I found in the ditch.

At that point, I stopped stripping it because a guy had showed up about five times to look at it, and he seemed very interested in buying it: he wanted one of "these old trucks" to restore as a hobby. He had seen it parked outside.

I ended up selling it to him for $1000 as it sat. I had all parts I needed from it already, I made a small profit on the sale, and I know that this guy is going to build it into a driver. Had he not come by to buy it I would have eventually started pulling fenders off of it and made it unbuildable.

I realized shortly after I sold the non-running GMC that this is the first time in my life that all of my vehicles have been running at the same time.
Attached Images

1967 K20
1968 C20
1970 C10
1972 GMC 2500
1981 C10

Last edited by dagnabbitt; 05-31-2020 at 03:31 PM.
dagnabbitt is online now   Reply With Quote