View Single Post
Old 09-06-2021, 08:27 PM   #3
dagnabbitt

Re: 1972 GMC 2500 6.2 Diesel

I bought a dock bumper from someone locally a few months ago even before i bought this truck: I like these bumpers because they tell a story - corny, I know - and because they are absolutely original: no one is repopping something like this so it is automatically authentic. I really like the look of this one, it shows how a person's tastes change over time... I thought these things were the ugliest things going when I was younger and I would have left this one in a ditch without another thought back then.

I particularly appreciate these on a three quarter ton truck, I think it looks good one this one especially.

I call it a dock bumper because you can lay the tailgate all the way down and back right up to a dock with them, perhaps they go by another name. The corners protect your quarter panels quite nicely, and this bumper already had done so for the last truck it was on, it had been tweaked a bit on the passenger side. I gave it some bangs with a sledge to straighten it somewhat.

During the installation process I found that I would have to remove the hitch from below, so I did so. I will get some new grade 8 bolts and reinstall when I have access to a hoist and air tools again.
Attached Images

1967 K20
1968 C20
1970 C10
1972 GMC 2500
1981 C10

Last edited by dagnabbitt; 09-06-2021 at 09:29 PM.
dagnabbitt is offline   Reply With Quote