View Single Post
Old 09-06-2021, 09:48 PM   #4
dagnabbitt

Re: 1972 GMC 2500 6.2 Diesel

I realized I have not posted any interior pictures of the truck, and I really should because it is a treat. It's not totally my style but I am going to leave it alone for now... because elements of it really are my style. I do like the unpretentious gearhead aspects of a truck that looks like this and doesn't try to impress you.

The glovebox hides a pretty good sound system - just looked behind the seats and found an amp and a woofer I never knew were there - with NAV, as well as three switches: one for the heater fan (main switch is broken); one for a light "for rolling"; and one to fool the DVD player into thinking you are in park, apparently. The cab has a 60/40 bench out of an 88-89, along with shoulder harnesses which are honestly pretty nice to have since my wife will now ride in it. On the left side the builder frenched in the GLOWPLUG/WATER IN OIL reader which sure enough works well and I refer to it often, as well as a high idle switch. Under the ignition is the switch for the electric fans, which I discovered when I was stuck in traffic the other day.

According the the build sheet the tilt steering is not original to the truck, but it really appears to be an original tilt from one of these trucks. Engine and trans temp as well as a voltmeter have been added to where the original radio was.

Truck is really a blast to drive, I finally filled it up yesterday but I have been driving it everywhere.
Attached Images

1967 K20
1968 C20
1970 C10
1972 GMC 2500
1981 C10

Last edited by dagnabbitt; 09-06-2021 at 09:55 PM.
dagnabbitt is offline   Reply With Quote