View Single Post
Old 02-27-2022, 08:57 PM   #11
dagnabbitt

Re: 1972 GMC 2500 6.2 Diesel

It's been awhile since I posted anything about this truck and the reason for that is that I have not gotten very far with it: this has been a really awful winter even by Alberta standards. Add to that the fact that a diesel doesn't like winter and I have to say that I have not driven it much.

The few times I have driven the truck have revealed that it has more or less no rear brakes. Check that: it has zero rear brakes. Wish I had video of it, but I discovered this when I got stuck on a sheet of ice. Yes, just a flat sheet of ice. The 6.2 weighs as much as a big block and I had no weight in the back. So I got stuck on a perfectly flat surface. I left it in drive and got out and watched the rear wheels going about 10 mph, then applied the brakes with my hand, and they kept going. Guess I will have to address that.

Weather hasn't stopped me from collecting parts, though. I have some stock looking fender emblems to put on it, some new (to me) seats and console, and an interesting trailer hitch that I think people will think is clever/stupid.

I also took a set of steel wheels in for sandblasting and powdercoating and ordered some conversion lugs and modern hub covers for it. I am really looking forward to driving this truck and working on it again.

In the meantime I also sent away for the build sheet for the truck, a rare perk of owning a Canadian truck. Aside from confirming that the tilt column is not original, it also lists a Z31 Advance Price List which I cannot find any info on.
Attached Images

1967 K20
1968 C20
1970 C10
1972 GMC 2500
1981 C10
dagnabbitt is offline   Reply With Quote