View Single Post
Old 05-28-2007, 11:22 AM   #1
msgross

68 K-10 SWB build thread - project Money Pit...pics galore!

$$PROJECT MONEY PIT$$

ok, I've been on here nearly a year and have been working on the K-10. I have a ton of pics saved up and decided to finally put something into a build thread. The wife named the project, figures She figured since it's green and takes all the extra money in the house that it fits....

So about the truck, it was a 1 owner Upsate New York truck that was owned by a mechanic. When I bought it off Ebay ($1600) it had a monster custom front steel push bumper welded onto the front and a matching rear bumper with a welded hook on it. They were both attached right and did zero damage over it's 30 years of service. The gentlemen use to push or pull cars home to his garage that were stranded.

This thread will be a quick recap of the past year and a weekly update after that. It will go on hold in Oct 07 when I leave for Alabama for 6 months to attend a military school. As a daily job I am a Captain in the US Army instructing pilots in the UH-60 Blackhawk Helicopter.

Here's some specs, numbers matching truck with glove box sticker intact
1968 K-10 SWB fleetside truck (1 owner) only 1449 built like it
327 cid, 4bbl, Rockwell T-221 TC, 4 speed saginaw tranny (granny gear)
Wood Bed (came with NOS wood)
tach dash
tow hooks
HD front springs
HD cooling
70K on the odometer (flipped? or used hard)
west coast JR mirrors
manual throttle
manual steering
manual brakes

Goals:
1. Get it running
2. learn more about the truck and it's components while finding a new hobby
3. avoid truck payments!
4. Have a good reliable classic truck and will get a thumbs up every now and then
5. Keep food on the table throughout build
6. add power disc front brakes, rear gas tank, tilt wheel, A/C (future upgrade), reese hitch all while keeping a fairly stock appearance and pay respect to the truck...(no hoopty ghetto crap!)

Enjoy the pics and feel free to leave comments
Attached Images

1969 C-10 LWB (SOLD) "Project flip that truck or else"
1993 Passport, F@rd 1-ton (SOLD)"Project Cousin Eddie"

My Garage Build "The 1,000 footer"

Last edited by msgross; 05-31-2007 at 09:40 AM.
msgross is offline   Reply With Quote