View Single Post
Old 09-18-2011, 09:41 PM   #21
gcburdic
Restoration Virgin!

Re: Gorey's 67 GMC 3/4 ton Shop Truck

Hey gore....

There are several board vendors that can take care of your needs here...GMCPaul's, Top Banana, Classic Heartbeat, etc....

The factory assembly manual is quite confusing, but get your self some colored post-it notes, and page through it writing down info on certain pages and color code them for specific items (ie. interior, engine, etc)

Here's my favorite pic of the ebrake setup....hope it helps ya

Quote:
Originally Posted by goregalore View Post
Recommended Vendors,

I am seriously interested in some recommendations on suppliers.

I need

-Dash pad
-new gauge bezel with gauges. ALL the prices seem to work out the same when you add the gauges in or without when you add all the costs up.
-weatherstripping (windshield, doors, etc...)
-rear blade bumper (I would prefer OEM and I will get it chromed if necessary.
-seat covers. My wife and I can probably make them ourselves using my shop industrial sewing machine. But it would probably cost me more if we do.

I made a purchase from Brothers.
I got the parts in quick fashion. All I ordered was the urethane cab mount kit. It looks like a good kit, but no instructions for install. And of course this kit looks nothing like what the oem mounts look like.
I also purchased the factory assembly manual.
Very cool but also very confusing.
It has no index and the only organizational part is the trucks are broken up into model. But I purchased it for the purpose of looking up the Emergency cable installation. And guess what? I can't find it.
Attached Images

1972 Custom Deluxe C20 Suburban A Suburban Named Isabella

1966 Ford Mustang Mama's High School Graduation Present
gcburdic is offline   Reply With Quote