View Single Post
Old 05-07-2011, 10:34 PM   #3
bluex

Re: Got my Leroy's! (TTII's)

So at this point I realized I had no good before pictures. So one day before work I pulled the truck out of the garage and took a few. This is where you guys will gasp at the fact that I'm putting such nice expensive rims on a crappy truck......

Specs on these wheels/tires:

Front:
255/60/15 on a 15x8.5 with 3.75" backspacing.

Rear:
275/60/15 on a 15x10 with 3.75" backspacing.

The truck is dropped with Western Chassis 2.5" spindles, and a shackle and hanger kit for the rear set at full drop of 4". It also has air shocks in the rear. It is a heavy half truck and has the longer 10 leaf pack in the rear. I have a set of 4 leaf shorter spings I'm going to swap in someday to try and remove a little bit of the rake. Yes, it rides like crap, a large enough bump will almost put your head into the roof when the rear hits it.

I will admit, I never really liked these wheels They are polished aluminum that I have only polished one or two times in the 10-11 years that I have had them. They badly need to be sanded and brought back up to a super shine. They are not damaged, just neglected. I actually cleaned them with a brillo pad and polished them with a mothers power ball last summer and they look 100x better, but nothing like the new wheels to come....

Last edited by bluex; 05-07-2011 at 10:59 PM.
bluex is offline   Reply With Quote