View Single Post
Old 03-21-2017, 11:05 AM   #9
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Re: What Brakelines Do I Need?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappy 2 View Post
Will the Nicopp lines take a double flare that is recommended for brake lines?
Watched a U-Tube video, using Nicopp, but he was not using a double flare on lines for a Mustang.
Yes, it will double flare just like regular steel brake lines only much easier..

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffahart View Post
I would recommend for you to get the pre bent from inline tube. I bent every line on my truck, and I can flare ends. But if you have no experience you may struggle with ugly bends and leaks. What you can do is use all straight line pre flared. Start your layout at the wheels and end at the valve under the master. Then you can just coil the excess there and not have to flare. So my basic advise is make the layout with cloths hangers, measure, then get some lengths of straight line pre flared so you don't have to flare ends.

I think if you call a company like inline they can help you out with MC and prop.

On that mustang video you watched, if he was not double flaring 45, he was not using an OEM connection. You will be double flaring at 45. If you are going OEM.
He won't have to worry about ugly bends with the Nicopp tubing because it is so easy to bend. I double flare the Nicopp tubing holding the flaring tool in my hands without any problems.

LockDoc

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote