View Single Post
Old 08-11-2010, 08:51 AM   #17
bigblock73
yeller

Re: Was going to upgrade instruments until......

Dennis, the main things you should know are that you will need to trim the rings down on the back side of the bezel, you will need to remove the rings from your new gauges and have to epoxy the lens and inner ring to the gauge body. You will also have to come up with a way to mount them. I have seen them wired in with piano (or similar) wire, and I have seen them glued directly to the cluster. I was not about to glue mine, so I tried to wire them in...that turned out to be a PITA, so I am trying something different. I designed alum brackets that will connect the gauges together, and they will be fastened to brackets that are either mechanically or adhesively adhered to the bezel. I should be getting these back from the CNC shop this week, and will install them and post pictures. If it works out, I should be able to get you a set of brackets, you just pay for the cost and shipping. If these end up being in demand, then I may make more and sell for a small profit.

Before you start tearing apart your gauges, we should talk, I have a few other pointer for you, that will save you some hassle and potentially keep you from messing up your gauges.

Just let me know what you think.

Last edited by bigblock73; 08-11-2010 at 08:52 AM.
bigblock73 is offline   Reply With Quote