View Single Post
Old 06-12-2008, 01:19 AM   #107
Ackattack

Re: Ackattack's Pro touring restoration thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokcrln View Post
Come on now we need rusty pics as well as your shinny one's!
Also I have the Locar cable set up in LowBuck and it works good.

Kevin
LFD Inc.
I'll get some rusty pics. But none today

I have the cab corner on, so the last peice to go on on the driver's side is the rocker panel. I put the door on to see how it all will fit up, and it doesn't look too bad. Considering this is my first rust repair/body work attempt, I don't think I'm doing too bad, and its nothing that can't be worked out with some body filler and high build primer. I'll get some pictures.

So soon it will be on to working on the passenger side. I'm hoping with the experience of doing the driver's side, the pass. side will go a little quicker, and the quality will be a little better.

On the chasis side of things, I got some parts today. I ended up getting ECE shock relocation brackets as well as KYB shocks from them. I figure they'll work for now. Eventually I'll go to QA1 adjustable shocks, but considerin the relocation brackets and all 4 shocks were the same price as one QA1, the KYBs will work for now.

I also got a new guage bezel and a full assortment of Autometer Sport Comp Gauges. I was somewhat limited on my choice of guages, as I will be using a programable fuel guage since the sending unit in the F-body fuel tank is an oddball resistance range. I like the Ultralites I had in my 72, but wanted something different for this truck. So I decided on the Sport Comps. Oh, I'm also using an electric speedo.

I also got a new 4 core radiator. I believe it will fit correctly, however it looks like it's a more modern version. It's aluminum tube/fins with plastic ends much like newer radiators are. I got it from the Radiator Barn, btw. I got a radiator for my 72 from there and I was happy with it (though it looked like the original, not aluminum).

Let's see, I also ordered some other parts: battery tray to mount the battery behind the rear tire, batter cut off switch (required for racing if the battery is relocated), line lock solenoid, sport mirrors (the later style...70+ I think?). I also ordered a large tranny cooler that is back ordered. I'm planning on bypassing the in radiator cooler and just use this. Hopefully this will help keep my tranny alive with a high stall converter I'll be running eventually.

Oh, I'll also need some longer u-bolts. I installed some lowering blocks when I did the shocks, so I could barely get the nuts threaded onto the u-bolts, but for sitting in the garage it's fine.

So the rear suspension, fuel lines, and brake lines are installed. I'm going to cut one more hole in the frame for the gas filler neck to pass through, then it will be time to install the bed, so that I can tub it out and order wheels.

BTW, here's what I'm planning on:

20x10s in the rear and 20x8.5 in front

Oh, I almost forgot the best news of this week. I found out that I passed the PE, so all that studying that I did for 2 months was worth it!

Last edited by Ackattack; 06-12-2008 at 01:21 AM.
Ackattack is offline   Reply With Quote