View Single Post
Old 07-16-2008, 08:53 AM   #10
gcburdic
Restoration Virgin!

Re: Project: Mistress

After negotiations with the wife, I decide to pursue getting the body and paint done....I talked to a guy who said he could do it but not for 4 months....argh...I wanted to get it done sooner....so a friend of a friend (you probably know where this is going) came to look at it and price out replacing rockers, cab corners, floor supports and floor pans, repair doors, front fender repair, and other misc areas....$1200 plus $400 to sandblast....WOW...i am thinking good deal.....well, (LESSON #425) this guy was a joke, I paid him part of the money up front so he could start buying parts and primer, and after we got it back from the blaster it sat for 8 YES 8 months with NOTHING being done!!!....I ended up going to small claims court to get the truck back, but learned my lesson here (cheaper isn't always the best route!!!).....Luckily my bro knew a guy right down the street from the shop who did high end body and paint, but would cut me a deal b/c I wasn't looking for a show quality job......so here's ALOT of pics from when I reclaimed ol' Mistress from the 'jackass' (note the sign over the door of his garage 1st pic)...
Attached Images

1972 Custom Deluxe C20 Suburban A Suburban Named Isabella

1966 Ford Mustang Mama's High School Graduation Present
gcburdic is offline   Reply With Quote