View Single Post
Old 04-13-2021, 03:01 PM   #34
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Re: Making A New Oil Pressure Line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich72C10 View Post
Hey Leon,

So this is what I was explaining that I have on my gauge now - which is how it came to me. The copper line behind the gauge has just as much copper line, if not more, under the dash as the engine bay. Which in the engine bay it has about the right amount with the 1 and 1/2 loops.

When I put the new line in, the engine side doesn't leak but the new male ferrule would leak between the fitting and line (at the gauge). I took the fitting as far as I felt comfortable with. So could this frankenstein setup of adaptors have messed up the gauge causing it not to seal with the proper male ferrule fitting?

Also, to add to this drama when I pulled the new line out of the gauge the fitting somehow slipped off and I cannot get it back on to try again. I was thinking perhaps I needed to re-adjust the line into the gauge. So I guess this all doesn't matter... ugh.

Edit:
Actually, looking at LostMy65 photo, perhaps I have a 3rd adapter? The black-ish nut, where the 1st of two brass adapter are connecting into? See re-uploaded photo with pretty colored/numbered boxes. I hadn't taken out what is outlined with the #1 Purple Box.

Looks like they kind of cobbled that up for sure. The black nut in your Purple box is the nut that holds the gauge in the metal plate. Leave that. You should be able to take a small punch or nail set and open the hole in the fitting back up enough to get the line back through it. Just don't go too far with it. Just enough for the line to slide through it. Be sure and push in on the oil line while you are tightening the fitting up.

LockDoc

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote