View Single Post
Old 07-02-2014, 01:21 PM   #96
Advanced Design

Re: 48 Burb, bagged, 5.3, 20 year wait

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedoh View Post
dont knock it yet, what you have there is the rare lightweight model!
....yeah but it doesn't have the aluminum fender option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99 to Life View Post
dang your shop is huge. My goodness. been there done that "oh I'll deal with that later, I have to work on my truck" its always something isn't it. Like your stump in there! I made my own floor and kick pans. I also have inner cowls I make too, let me know if you need those.

Your getting there. I knew my current projects cab was bad, but I did 90% all new floor with custom bracing all new inner/outer cowls and kick panels. 70 hours later, almost done.
The shop is 60' x 100' and the front half is the shop. Built by my Dad and uncle in the late 1960's out of 3 and 4 inch drill stem pipe. Been there before on kick panels and floor pieces. The little black truck spoiled me as it was rock solid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman3 View Post
Nice job on setting up the panels...Jim
Thanks Jim, always appreciate your words of encouragement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngrodder View Post
Looking good AD. Mine rusted under the flat piece of floor just like yours only much worse. To keep trapped water from roting out the floor again I choose to make the rear of my floors flat (one piece) all the way across. It was easy since I had to remove the seat riser (not easy) to repair the lower edge of it. i used 16 gauge for the floors since I went with flat floors.

I need to do my toe boards as well but I'm gaining.

Keep up the great work.
Marc
Great Marc that looks good, I am taking the same route. GM didn't spare on the spot welds when they installed the seat riser. Now to figure out why it is still attached at the back.

Having a great time.....now to figure out how to do this full time.
Advanced Design is offline   Reply With Quote