View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 04:06 AM   #92
mcmlxix
Collector of Projects

Re: New to me 1972 K5

OK. collecting parts and bringing them to my friends shop on Saturday to begin teardown. My registration actaully expires on Saturday and it won't pass emissions anyway.

I have my center console cut out and bent up. I mounted the shifter and will eventually have it welded up and coated. I'll take some pics as I load the truck up.

I had my waterjet guy cut me some exhaust flanges for the 2010 Camaro manifolds. I have to pick those up on Saturday as well. They were cut for 2.5" exhaust but mu existing pipes are 2.25... to save some cash I guess I'll be reducing the OD before the flowmasters.

I decided to use KORE3 to build all my FlexKORE braided brake lines. I decided against AN fittings and will be running all 3/8-24 fittings. I will use hard line from the MC to the wilwood proportioning valve. Then use the flex lines down to the frame where they split off to each corner.

Nitrous Express came out with some -6AN insulated fuel line that I want to use. I dont like braided stainelss hose so this looks like a nice alternative. I need one from the tank to the hard line and one from the fuel rail to the hard line... from summits website http://www.summitracing.com/parts/NEX-14036/

Nitrous Express triple insulated race hose has gained popularity and will soon replace most steel braided hose on race cars. Not only does it insulate better resulting in less need for purging but it also out-flows the traditional steel braided hose.

D60 BIG BRAKE UPGRADE Click HERE
mcmlxix is offline   Reply With Quote