View Single Post
Old 01-02-2015, 05:00 PM   #123
no1udknow

Re: 68 c10 2wd in Sacramento, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmack91 View Post
A quick question on your front suspension swap.

When you swapped to the newer crossmember, did you swap in the newer steering box also? If so, was it a direct bolt-in? My understanding is that if you don't swap the box, you will have to get some weird tie rod adapters.

Any progress on your truck?
I did not swap the steering box. My truck did already have power steering, I don't know if that was a factory installed option, or something a PO installed. Basically I used every piece of the front suspension and it was a near perfect bolt in. The only things I modified were 2 sets of holes where the xmember bolted up (hogged one set out a little and d4illed new holes for the other) and then the shock mounts are kind of angled the wrong way but will still bolt in. It just tweaks the bushings at the end of the shock. But I am going to build a new shock mount anyways. As far as the steering though, I unbolted the pitman arm from the steering box and the idler arm from the frame, and they bolted right in to my 68. I didn't take apart the tie rods or anything, just swapped it as an entire assy.
My build : 68 C10 Short Bed Conversion
no1udknow is offline   Reply With Quote