The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-17-2011, 07:18 PM   #1
notyo_cheez

Cool 1981 Chevy Short Stepside "Lebowski"

Here's some pix, had it towed to the house last weekend. Backed it in to the garage this afternoon.

Doors are trash for the most part. Going to try to salvage the regulators to mount on the two good doors I have. Other doors have motors and electric locks, dont really want them.

Here's the cab to replace the rotten one, snagged it for $50 and hauled it back from San Antonio. On the coast finding one that's not rotten from sea spray is impossible. Pull-A-Part in SA sells them for about $250 and you have to take it apart yourself so this was a bargain even though I do have to clean it up a bit.

Original 305 V8, hasn't run in years so I'm not even going to attempt to resurrect it in it's current state. A rebuild is in order, not sure if I want to have this one restored or go for broke on a 350 crate. Needless to say The Dude will need everything.
notyo_cheez is offline   Reply With Quote