The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-24-2013, 10:17 AM   #1
Damon23

Think I want a older one

When I was looking for a truck I didn't really pay too much attention to this forum. As I've been looking at more and more trucks I think I wan't the look of the early one's (73-80) round headlight truck. I like the trim that goes down the side and the white middle section. I like the stacked headlights of my 82 but something about the earlier ones especially the stepper in the for sale section has me thinking.

What parts are needed to swap out the front? I know I would have to find bumper, fenders, grille, core support maybe, lights and trim. I'd have to swap out the dash and door panels if I wanted to go that far. The paint on my truck is in pretty good shape. It is not new and a paint shop hopefully could match everything up so you could'nt tell that the front has been painted. That part scares me. So in the end it looks like I would have a bunch of money tied up in the conversion so it would probably be better to just sell this one and buy a older, round headlight truck and start with that. What do you all think? Here is mine. It has since been lowered in the front 2.5in and I just got the shackles to drop the rear 2in.

No great defeat was ever just possible in the beginning.
Damon23 is offline   Reply With Quote