The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-17-2013, 04:06 PM   #1
jbailey

New build 70 c10 swb fleet side(shocks and Bushings)

The name for the build comes from the fact that is what I am telling my wife. All I am doing is replacing my shocks and bushings. Lucky for me she has not asked me once how much money I have put into this project. I have done everything myself from sandblasting to body work to painting. Its not a show truck just replacing my shocks and bushings.

I have been watching this site since I started my build and got a lot of great ideas. Thought it about time to start documenting my build.

Little history is I acquired this from a friend with a lot of good stuff done (crate 350 with 700r4 thorley headers and exhaust done, flaming river steering column, gas tank for under the bed was not mounted.) think that is about it.

I got the truck in December 2012 and started tearing apart I had two weeks off and in that time had the truck completely striped apart sandblasted frame, front end, and rear end then applied POR 415 to everything looked good.

Put 5 lug disk brakes and all new parts in the front end and put back on frame. The rear end I swapped with the friend I got the truck from because he needed my gears for his truck and I needed his. I took my rear and put a true trac posi and it has 3:73 with 5 lug of course.

Bodywork went good but a lot of work. had a friend help me we spent 3 weeks ( nights and weekends) with cab, doors, and fenders. Smoothed the fire wall replaced rockers inner and outer on one side just outer on the other side and had a bunch of holes to fill in. This was a none A/C cab I cut all my vents for A/C(because I got vintage A/C) wife don't know yet.

Where I am at now. I (me and a friend) painted the cab, doors, and fenders last weekend (don't have pictures yet) still in the sanding and buffing faze of new paint job. I will add more as I think of what I missed. Here are a few pics

P.S. still have not replaced any shocks or bushings
Attached Images

jbailey is offline   Reply With Quote