The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-09-2016, 10:17 AM   #1
Mr.Clean

1968 C30 Prerunner Build "Papa Smurf"

Well a little ways into my build now so figured I'd post it so i could more easily track whats going on with it. Long ways to go still tho.

I picked up a 1968 chevy c30 cab which was resting on a 1974 2wd c10 shortbox frame. No motor or trans when I bought it. Just roller with interior. Truck was a retired Chevron Oil work truck that was used in Texas up until 1994 when it was sold at auction to the gentleman I bought it from in Oklahoma where it sat in a barn since 1995. He is the one that did the body swap(set the body on the frame, never made mounts).

Basic plans are 4.8 ls with a 76 mm turbo. A but TH400 trans, linked 9" rear end, full cage, back half, fiberglass fenders and eventually bedsides, front suspension I am letting my buddy Neal who owns Griffen Fab works build a set of beams for it. Shocks will be 3.0" c/o's and 3.0" bypasses, and then I will be using my 2.0" profender bumps that i already have.

These pics are somewhat in order some aren't but after this post from here on out I will keep this updated so things are in order.

Mr.Clean is offline   Reply With Quote