The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-16-2020, 11:51 AM   #1
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Flatbed owners question.

So Ive been following 68bowtie with his very cool flat bed build. I like everything about the bed. But Id like to see other ideas on the base of the flatbed just in case there is another way I may like more.

What are you using to fill in the brown area? Pics would be great!. How are you mounting it to the frame, and how are you using the upper part of the fill area to mount the cross sills?

Ill be using 16 inch rims, his are 19.5. I really want to be able to keep it low and useable as possible, but don't want to put something heavy on there that would cause the tire to hit the bed. Course maybe I'm worried about nothing there. I have no idea how much weight that would be.

I think I would like to use the rear of the frame rails for mounting the cross sills to help keep my bed low.

Link to his build in case you missed it. I borrowed a pic of his truck for my illustration ... http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=770878
Attached Images