The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-21-2021, 05:58 PM   #1
MARKDTN

Truck found for my next project-worth it?

I want to build a 69-70 on a 2000 up frame. I realize that it is not an easy bolt-on swap and I am fine with that. I want LS power and more modern parts. So, I have found a '70 C20 LWB with a rotten cab (think serious roof issues) but everything else sheetmetal wise is repairable. Grille is nice, hood OK, both front fenders have holes, but smaller than a fist so they can be patched, bedsides similar-small patches will fix rust through, doors both rusted out on bottom. It comes with another cab and 2 decent doors. 2nd Cab will probably need a full floor, but looks decent other than that (rockers are gone underneath but not all the way, one worse than the other). Coming from a non-title state but seller (an old acquaintance/friend-of-a-friend) will help me get it registered. The C20 has a worn out 350 and what he says is a heavy 3-speed from a big truck. It has an Eaton rear with 4.56 gears. Unfortunately even though I have photos he does not want them posted. He wants $1100 for all of it.

One more thing. I like a LWB truck but I may build it with a flatbed so I may or may not use the long bed depending on the donor vehicle I come up with. A Tahoe is close to a SWB and a Suburban is close to a LWB. A Regular cab Silverado is really a bit too long (4 or 6") but with a flatbed could be made to work. My plan would be to buy the old truck first and fix the cab and sheetmetal, then buy the late model and do the swap, then come back with the bed that matches what I can find.

For my purposes I don't care about the frame or driveline. I would like to have it to make measurements then I will sell it. So is a decent set of repairable sheetmetal with a nice '70 Grille and a registerable VIN worth $1100? That is my question. Or should I keep looking?
'07 Tahoe(Son driving)
'14 Suburban-DD
'71 C10-current project
MARKDTN is offline   Reply With Quote