The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-28-2006, 04:02 AM   #1
Brainchild
Still drivin' a Rat Rod

It's not funny!

The fuel pump went out on my truck thursday night,I called Orielllys,and they tell me $32,Autozone was a little higher,and having a fund depletion problem,I pull it off,and put one I had on the shelf on it.It was good when I pulled it.Nothing!
So I call my brother,and he says he has the one off the dumptruck motor we just pulled out a couple of weeks ago.It was running,just the motor was worn out.
So Friday,I put it on,and all is good.Truck runs great.So yesterday we do the exhaust,and today,the fuel pump goes out again

So I dug up the cash,and went to Oriellys,to get a new pump.The kid types in the info,and comes back with a new pump,rings it up,and says 13.67.I'm like WTF?
He says I don't know who you talked to,but this pump is only $12.

It's funny in a way,but if they would have given me the right quote on the phone,it would have saved me a lot of work,and hassle.
Rusty Member #13872
Instead of saying.....you are a discomfort in the back of my front.....one should be able to say...... you are a pain in the *a$#*

71 GMC LWB
49 Chevy
85 Chevy G20

Check out my website
Brainchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 11:01 AM   #2
JAKES 68GMC
Aluminum slot wheels rule...

Re: It's not funny!

Some parts store are just useless.
JAKES 68GMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 11:03 AM   #3
stingray72
Red Headed Step Child

If it works now and you only had to re-do it twice. you're doing better than I normally do

-Homer Simpson
stingray72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 11:21 AM   #4
Russell
Professional Grade

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray72
If it works now and you only had to re-do it twice. you're doing better than I normally do
Old 06-28-2006, 12:11 PM   #5
shifty
Questionable

at least they didn't sell you the $32 unit, which was probably the incorrect part.

I can't check the forum daily. If I don't reply to you within 24 hours, drop me a PM! I'm (hopefully) still alive and will reply faster to a PM.
shifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 01:42 PM   #6
oj70chevy
250 V-6 Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifty
at least they didn't sell you the $32 unit, which was probably the incorrect part.

Old 06-28-2006, 03:26 PM   #7
LUV2XCLR8
The LuvShack Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAKES 68GMC
Some parts store are just useless.
Whatdayamean some
Big Piggy: "Goliath" 07 Kodiak C4500
Lil Piggy:"Maddy" 88 Silverado 3500
Hauler: "Feathers" 14 Aluma 8218T

Last edited by LUV2XCLR8; 06-28-2006 at 03:26 PM.
LUV2XCLR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 10:10 PM   #8
chevy_fatman
Where's my beer?

I'm sure that for that price you got 2 pumps, right?

How do you make the invisible, visible?.........You take it away.
chevy_fatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 10:39 PM   #9
phantom dually
Project92 SWB stepside

Parts stores are almost usless. You have to know exactly what you want. Leavin it up to them is SCARY!!
92 C1500 stepside 496 Stroker Competiton Engineering Ladder bars/QA1 coilovers. Dana 60 rear with 4.10 gear and posi. Bonspeed Palisade 20x12 in rear w/335/30/20 and 20x8.5 front w/245/40/20. 5/8 drop with Belltech springs/DJM spindles/drop shocks. WWS Progress thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=140448
phantom dually is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 05:25 PM   #10
PanelDeland
I am a Referee of life.

They quoted you list and sold it to you at jobber.
Barrett-Jackson has perfected alchemy,they make rust into gold!
"You can lead a horse to water but you can't saddle a duck"
"Cleverly disguised as a 'Responsible Adult'
"Sometimes your Knight in shining armor is just a retard in tinfoil"
PanelDeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 06:02 PM   #11
magnethead
7000 #'s of american IRON

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray72
magnethead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 07:33 PM   #12
79BIG10
I'm back with 2nd truck!

I've had way too many messups. Here's the worst one (I don't think I've heard any worse than this and this classifies as not funny):

On the truck a few years ago the p/s box was leaking really bad. I called around and Auto Groan had one in stock for my truck. First I have to drive the 15 miles to get the pitman arm puller. It's a PITA to get the box off (it weighs a ton), column rag joint off, pitman arm and hoses off and on this thing. The core charge on the box was $$$ so I pulled the old one off and took it to the store and dropped off the pitman arm since I wouldn't be needing it again for the install. I compared the boxes, and verified it would fit my truck. Great so I went home, installed it and planned on taking it around the block in a few but wanted to make sure it wasn't leaking etc. while turning the wheels.
I ask the wife (now ex) to turn the wheels to the left (driver side). She turns them to the right (passenger side). I tell her to turn it to the left side again. She centers them back and turns to the right side again. I'm PO'd by now at her for joking with me the whole time she's saying she's not joking. So I get her out and I look for myself. Sure enough when I turned to the driver side the wheels went to the passenger side and vice versa. I was furious since we had plans that night and it was nearing the time to clean up and leave but I had to have the truck done because I needed it for work and she had to work the same time the next day.
So I called AZ and told the manager the problem. He said I probably got the wrong one. Probably?!? I lit into him like I never have before. So I told him I was sending the wife up there to get the pitman arm puller and the new box. I would return both when I got it done. She drove another 15 miles there and back to get the pitman arm puller and the new box. When she showed up they had it waiting on the desk for her. When she was about to leave the cashier stopped her to pay for everything. The manager said it was okay since he knew what was going on. She warned them I was not happy.
She brought the pitman arm puller and the new box home. Both boxes looked identical. By now she's on her way to the family function that I can't make because of AZ mess up. I take the old "new" one off with the pitman puller (I'm thinking by now I should own one) and install the new one. This time before installing the hoses I check and the box it right. So I finish everything up and get headed to AZ in the truck greasy hands and all.
When I get there the manager has "just left" so I talk with the assistant manager who is PO'd as well because of it being his store with the mess up. He gives me the refund in the amount of the p/s box. I didn't expect it but it was really nice. I was hoping for just a sincere apology but I'll take $$$ anytime.

"Don't underestimate how sexy a fat man who drinks to excess can be." Homer Simpson
79BIG10 is offline   Reply With Quote