The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-27-2011, 11:48 AM   #1
ubtripn

You won't believe this!!!!

So I am out in the boonies here In Boise in some field looking at a 67 4 wheel drive 3/4 ton? in rough but straight condition with minimal rust. Guy comes walking out (no for sale sign) and I ask about the truck. He says it has a big block 292 (I had one in a 65 once, they have great torque) and that it has 44K original miles and still runs great. (Hmm) Anyway, I ask if he is selling it and he says he has not really thought about it but he sighs and says I guess I would take 1500. (Not a lot of cars go by where I was or it would have been gone long ago.) Man if I just had more money. I do have his number though. Anyway, here comes the good part, I turn to my right and off in the field is what I can only describe as a "herd" of 67-72's in his neighbor's field. I walk up to the fence to try to look closer and a mean dog scares the cr*p out of me. I try to knock at the house but no answer. I am talking 10 or more just sitting in the high grass, some in awesome condition, others less so, more behind the barn even. I understand the undeniable attraction to these trucks but I just cannot understand why he would buy them just to sit outside and do nothing. Of course I haven't seen what he drives yet either so there is that. (That would still be one heck of a lot of back-up trucks.) Anyway, I am going back and will get some pics for you all.

Last edited by ubtripn; 02-27-2011 at 11:54 AM.
ubtripn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 11:57 AM   #2
Jerry Jones
Happy Camper

Re: You won't believe this!!!!

Too cool! Maybe some opportunities there?
Old 02-27-2011, 12:00 PM   #3
ubtripn

That is exactly what I am going to investigate as soon as I can drive out there again.
Old 02-27-2011, 12:21 PM   #4
ChevLoRay
Old Skool Club

What if....he owns the trucks behind the fence and around the barn....AND he pulls 'em out....one at a time....and sighs like he did when someone comes by? Just sayin'.....

'96 GMC Sportside; 4.3/SLT - Daily driven....constantly needs washed.

'69 C-10 SWB; 350/TH400 - in limbo

The older I get, the better I was.
ChevLoRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 12:55 PM   #5
dougo

Man.... I would give anything for those opportunities. We don't see that where I live.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-27-2011, 01:08 PM   #6
bosco200

Hurry up and get those pics!!!!!
bosco200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 01:16 PM   #7
leddzepp

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougo View Post
Man.... I would give anything for those opportunities. We don't see that where I live.
Posted via Mobile Device
I saw six 67-72's last week at a local pick n pull.

1968 C/10 50th Anniversary LWB. Unrestored, stock, daily driver/work truck.

RIP ElJay
RIP 67ChevyRedneck
RIP Grumpy Old Man
leddzepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 01:49 PM   #8
jerry moss
Born Psycho

Smile Re: You won't believe this!!!!

i have a good friend in central calif that has at least 40 or more 67-72s. several are swb 4x4 cheyennes and supers, a few K5s and suburbans and a handful of 2wd's. the majority are in excellent condition and the real nice ones are in a huge metal barn, there is a new barn being built to house more. he is the person i was buying all the tow hooks for several years ago-around 22 sets at last count,lol. he also has a very large collection of NOS parts and rare accessories. i have no idea what he will do with all his stuff in the future but these trucks and parts are his "thing" along with guns and bird dogs. he's never been married and has no kids--guess thats why he has the money to buy all the stuff he has. he's a farmer and works his a$$ off all year but still finds time to enjoy his hobbies of trucks and bird hunting. if i had a bunch of cash i suppose i'd be just like him minus the dogs- two dogs are enough for me, i don't hunt birds either just deer, elk and hogs. maybe the person with all those trucks that you saw is like my friend, they are his "thing" too.
69 suburban K20-tilt,tach,vacuum,speedwarning,buckets,shoulder belts,am/fm,4 inch all spring lift,4 speed, 14 bolt full floater, dana 44 HD,warn winch,posi front and rear,tow hooks,plus other goodies.
73/80 chevy/gmc K20 SB400,turbo 400,205,tilt,a-c,gas hog.
77 K/5 cheyenne blazer-daily driver/beater. SON HAS IT NOW
BRENTWOOD,CALIFORNIA
jerry moss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 01:53 PM   #9
dan42

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry moss View Post
i have a good friend in central calif that has at least 40 or more 67-72s. several are swb 4x4 cheyennes and supers, a few K5s and suburbans and a handful of 2wd's. the majority are in excellent condition and the real nice ones are in a huge metal barn, there is a new barn being built to house more. he is the person i was buying all the tow hooks for several years ago-around 22 sets at last count,lol. he also has a very large collection of NOS parts and rare accessories. i have no idea what he will do with all his stuff in the future but these trucks and parts are his "thing" along with guns and bird dogs. he's never been married and has no kids--guess thats why he has the money to buy all the stuff he has. he's a farmer and works his a$$ off all year but still finds time to enjoy his hobbies of trucks and bird hunting. if i had a bunch of cash i suppose i'd be just like him minus the dogs- two dogs are enough for me, i don't hunt birds either just deer, elk and hogs. maybe the person with all those trucks that you saw is like my friend, they are his "thing" too.
Wow - that's a lot of trucks, Jerry. Is he over in the Valley? Sounds like a pretty interesting guy.

Last edited by dan42; 02-27-2011 at 01:53 PM.
dan42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 02:11 PM   #10
mstrav1973

What part of Boise? Towards Kuna/south of town? I know of (3) guys with at least 10 of these around here. I have gotten parts from all of them as I pieced mine back together.

Matt
Old 02-27-2011, 02:43 PM   #11
Longhorn Man
its all about the +6 inches

"bog block 292"
I honestly find it amusing when any engine is larger than normal, people want to call them big blocks.
Longhorn Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 02:56 PM   #12
ubtripn

He is out by TNT Auto off of Gowen road.

(I have a lawn mower witha big block V1 cylinder =)
Old 02-27-2011, 03:12 PM   #13
low&slow
Account Suspended

I've been out there before. I live in Kuna. He doesn't want to get rid of any of them. (I'm gunna restore them) he says. But if you would like you could go back out and if he does try to be a little smarter and get rid of them let me know.
low&slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 03:16 PM   #14
ubtripn

Will do. Well, at least I know the 67 is available. Too bad I'm poor.
Old 02-27-2011, 03:46 PM   #15
jerry moss
Born Psycho

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan42 View Post
Wow - that's a lot of trucks, Jerry. Is he over in the Valley? Sounds like a pretty interesting guy.
he's out near the town of Waterford. he's been collecting trucks and parts for a very long time. he graduated high school in 72 but at the time he couldn't afford a "new" 72 pickup. by 73 things got better and he bought a new body style truck but always wanted a 72,he started buying them as time went on. his farming has been quite successful over the years and he has put together the largest collection of trucks, parts and rare options that i've ever seen. he has a few trucks with under 10K miles that still look brand new.
69 suburban K20-tilt,tach,vacuum,speedwarning,buckets,shoulder belts,am/fm,4 inch all spring lift,4 speed, 14 bolt full floater, dana 44 HD,warn winch,posi front and rear,tow hooks,plus other goodies.
73/80 chevy/gmc K20 SB400,turbo 400,205,tilt,a-c,gas hog.
77 K/5 cheyenne blazer-daily driver/beater. SON HAS IT NOW
BRENTWOOD,CALIFORNIA
jerry moss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 03:58 PM   #16
low&slow
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubtripn View Post
Will do. Well, at least I know the 67 is available. Too bad I'm poor.
How much does he want for the '67? And what's the condition?
Old 02-27-2011, 04:05 PM   #17
pryorstemmed
4wd Enthusiast

"in rough but straight condition with minimal rust". "I ask if he is selling it and he says he has not really thought about it but he sighs and says I guess I would take 1500"
*1970 Olds 442 W-30 M-21 4-speed
*1978 Ford F250 4x4 Ranger-Explorer-Camper Special Marti Report: 1 of 1
*1986 K30 Silverado Crew Cab 502/TH400
*2002 Silverado LT 2500 Duramax Long bed Crew Cab 4x4 107K original miles
*2022 RAM Bighorn 1500 Waldoch edition ...Daily Driver
pryorstemmed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 04:10 PM   #18
low&slow
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by pryorstemmed View Post
"in rough but straight condition with minimal rust". "I ask if he is selling it and he says he has not really thought about it but he sighs and says I guess I would take 1500"
Thanks for the re-quote of the first post. Should of thought about that one. I thought he was talking about a different one out there.
Old 02-27-2011, 04:21 PM   #19
pryorstemmed
4wd Enthusiast

^ You bet
*1970 Olds 442 W-30 M-21 4-speed
*1978 Ford F250 4x4 Ranger-Explorer-Camper Special Marti Report: 1 of 1
*1986 K30 Silverado Crew Cab 502/TH400
*2002 Silverado LT 2500 Duramax Long bed Crew Cab 4x4 107K original miles
*2022 RAM Bighorn 1500 Waldoch edition ...Daily Driver
pryorstemmed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 04:45 PM   #20
mstrav1973

There are way more then 10 at the one on gowen. My shop is one street over from there. He has trucks from 67-72 and most are long beds 1/2 and 3/4 ton. Also a few stepsides

Matt

Last edited by mstrav1973; 02-27-2011 at 05:10 PM.
mstrav1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 05:07 PM   #21
TigerDMD

Had a similar experience to that on Sat. On a friends recommendation I went to see a guy who has "a few" chevys that may have a few parts for me. I pull up and he has a beautiful 68 short step, 69 cheyenne, 67 burb, and his restored 67 c 10. Not real impressed at first because there wasn't anything I could use. He walks me down the path to a hidden field. There must have been a couple hundred c10,20,30's - most complete. Beds, fenders, I couldn't believe it. He sold me a short fleet bed for 600 that just had a couple of dents in it. Steel floor was completely intact with no rust. Picked up some really nice original body parts - couldn't believe my luck.

Last edited by TigerDMD; 02-27-2011 at 05:12 PM.
TigerDMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 08:22 PM   #22
wwotr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn Man View Post
"bog block 292"
I honestly find it amusing when any engine is larger than normal, people want to call them big blocks.
Or "bog" Blocks!
back in November of 2011.
I don't visit the site much anymore,
but please feel free,
to drop me a private message.
RIP...."RATIKLE"
wwotr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 08:25 PM   #23
wwotr

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubtripn View Post
So I am out in the boonies here In Boise in some field looking at a 67 4 wheel drive 3/4 ton? in rough but straight condition with minimal rust. Guy comes walking out (no for sale sign) and I ask about the truck. He says it has a big block 292 (I had one in a 65 once, they have great torque) and that it has 44K original miles and still runs great. (Hmm) Anyway, I ask if he is selling it and he says he has not really thought about it but he sighs and says I guess I would take 1500. (Not a lot of cars go by where I was or it would have been gone long ago.) Man if I just had more money. I do have his number though. Anyway, here comes the good part, I turn to my right and off in the field is what I can only describe as a "herd" of 67-72's in his neighbor's field. I walk up to the fence to try to look closer and a mean dog scares the cr*p out of me. I try to knock at the house but no answer. I am talking 10 or more just sitting in the high grass, some in awesome condition, others less so, more behind the barn even. I understand the undeniable attraction to these trucks but I just cannot understand why he would buy them just to sit outside and do nothing. Of course I haven't seen what he drives yet either so there is that. (That would still be one heck of a lot of back-up trucks.) Anyway, I am going back and will get some pics for you all.
Had a soimilar situiation in 1993.
At the time I was looking for a Fiero GT.
I saw one in a Parking Lot, (no For Sale Sign),and left the person a note with my phone number.
I got a call 2 days later, and he says "Yea as a matter of fact, my Wifes Pregnant and is having a hard time getting In/Out of it". A week later I had my Fiero!@
back in November of 2011.
I don't visit the site much anymore,
but please feel free,
to drop me a private message.
RIP...."RATIKLE"

Last edited by wwotr; 02-27-2011 at 08:25 PM.
wwotr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 09:27 PM   #24
VA72C10
VA72C10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry moss View Post
sounds like a great friend to have you know we'd love to see his collection sometime