The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-18-2012, 04:29 PM   #1
ghostvbhc

1969 Chevy C10.

I'm relatively new here to these forums and I've asked a few questions and so far you guys have been extremely helpful. Anyways, I've had this 1969 chevy C10 since earlier this year, March to be exact and my and father have slowly but surely building on it (we're focusing on turning it into a ratrod). When we first bought it, it didn't run at all and we've eventually been putting time and money into it when we can, which is the weekends since me and my father both work full time and I'm a full time student at the moment too. So, we replaced the carburetor which was why it wasn't running when we first bought it and we've tuned it and what not but we've done more to the cab then anything and we've also replaced the brake lines and plan on putting in power brakes at some point. We've put in a radio from a Subaru we used to own and two of the speakers we took out of it also and we plan on cutting holes in the doors and putting in two more speakers. We just got done installing a new under the dash wiring harness and that went well except for my regular headlights working and my back right break light not working when I turn the lights on. We're planning on putting power steering in next and I'll of course post pictures when we do that and we have a guy that's holding onto the rear end disc brake conversion for us and he also has the front end but one step at a time for now and we're putting in a different seat here in a little while, but we would prefer to put in bucket seats at some point in time. We're slowly but surely putting as much money as we can and we plan on keeping the straight six we have it in now but just having it rebuilt and buying all new stuff for it from a site called 6=8. We don't want to put in a V8 like everybody else is currently doing and of course when I have the money to do that I will and have it painted a lot better (I'm thinking candy apple red). But, all that is in due time, for now it's just putting power steering in next and being able to finally drive it. It's drive able but with no power steering and me being relatively new to driving stick, I down shifted into second coming around a corner doing forty and almost t boned two cars at the same time. But, this is my proud and joy

Last edited by ghostvbhc; 09-18-2012 at 04:38 PM.
ghostvbhc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 04:54 PM   #2
67cheby
67cheby

Re: 1969 Chevy C10.

looks like a fun start !
67cheby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 05:15 PM   #3
ghostvbhc

Indeed it is. We're taking as much as our money combined and our time when we can and putting it into this truck. It provides some quality bonding time as well haha.
Old 09-18-2012, 05:50 PM   #4
bossmanivy

Awesome. I love the plat black. clean interior, too!!!!
bossmanivy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 05:53 PM   #5
ghostvbhc

Thanks! We've cleaned up the interior pretty nicely since we got it. Under the cab is rusted and the we'd like to replace the entire cab with one that has AC sometime soon.