The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-15-2013, 08:48 AM   #1
Kiamaia

CPP Hydro Boost

Has anyone installed a CPP hydro boost to a 67-72 with PB dropmember n p/s rack? Its also bodied it 1 1/4". Just trying to find dimensions on the unit to see if my wheels clear. If you already have done a brake booster conversion with the same setup as mine id like to know what your running. Im running a big cam and dont really wanna run a vac booster w/ vac pump. Been looking at CPP and POL units. The CPP looks more compact in size and cleaner than the POL version. POL give dimensions on their unit, just trying to compare both.
Kiamaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 11:43 AM   #2
knomadd

Re: CPP Hydro Boost

Here's a couple pics from my Hydratech hydroboost install. Purchased from CPP. It's comparable to the stock bracket and vacuum booster as far as size is concerned.

If you want to see more pics of the install, it starts on post #89 on page 4 of my build thread (link in my sig). Sorry, but I can't speak for any of the other components you're asking about and how they work with the hydroboost system. I hope this helps.

I've got the same unit in my GTO as well. I love these systems and will never go back to vacuum boost again, as long as I have power steering anyway.

C/10 Club Texas member
1971 Chevy C10 "Brutus" SWB Fleetside 2016 6.0L (L96) 6L90E (driver/project)
1965 Pontiac GTO "Royal Goat" 400/TH400 w/AC (my baby)
knomadd is offline   Reply With Quote