The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-07-2014, 11:27 AM   #1
DannyBoy80

Anyone Really Good with Photoshop? You Help Needed...

I'm not and I'd really like to get some sort of rendering put together for the truck I want to build in honor of my dad. He's been battling cancer for a year now and, just late last week, was sadly given only a couple of months to live. However, based on the progression of his condition, I'd be surprised if he made it more than another month. I'd really like to be able to show him what I plan to do while he's still here.

The idea is to take a 67-72 C10 SWB Fleetside, paint it the same silver-blue color as his 97 F250 Powerstroke he's had since new (and named "Jethro"), lower it 4"/6", tub it and put staggered 20" gunmetal centered/polished out rim wheels on it... It'll be called "Jeth-rod"

Essentially, it'll look something like this, but not so low to the ground and will retain the rearview mirrors and door handles:

This is the exact color of his truck - The above photo was closest reference I could find:

Can anyone help me modify this photo to look more like what I'm describing and maybe add some sort of photo effect to make it look more like a drawing? I don't even know if that's possible, but I thought I'd at least try.

Thanks, in advance, for any assistance.
DannyBoy80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 11:31 AM   #2
68shortwide

Re: Anyone Really Good with Photoshop? You Help Needed...

Sorry to hear about your dad, i dont have chopping skills, but we have some amazing guys n girls on here that can. I hope this works out well for you and hope he has a look of joy on his face when you show him the rendering.
1968 ShortWide
1969 ShortStep
68shortwide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 02:00 PM   #3
DannyBoy80

Quote:
Originally Posted by magwakeenercew2jh View Post
I'm not "Really Good"...But I think I'm "kind'a good".

Lifted her a little. Goit door handles and mirrors. Sketched out.
I won't mess with the color, though. But this is at least a start.

Not as really as close to good as it should be for your dad.
But this is what I have to offer:

Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to do this for me! It looks extremely close to what I had in mind...! Great work! Especially with the mirrors, door handles and sketched effect. I wish I had a better photo for you to work with so there wasn't that unavoidable shadow over the top 1/3 of the wheels...

Is it at all possible to bring the rear wheel out closer to the body line?
Old 10-07-2014, 02:27 PM   #4
DannyBoy80

I just found a rendering that's basically exactly what I want to do, aside from the color... If it were the right color, it would be perfect.

Is it at all possible to turn this truck all silver/blue, similar to the other truck, and change the color of that caliper to match? Maybe even just making it that blue where it's currently black, and silver where the woodgrain body trim piece is, leaving the white areas as they are... Also, if anyone has any cool ideas for placing the name JETH-ROD somewhere in the photo, I'd love to see it!

I'm hoping I'm not asking to much of any of you... I truly and sincerely appreciate all of your help! I'm kind of desperate right now, feeling like I need to scramble to create a memory. It sucks, but having kind and generous folks like all of you willing to help me out takes quite an edge off. Thank you all!

Old 10-07-2014, 02:30 PM   #5
DannyBoy80

Quote:
If *I* do a P-Shop, it'll never be perfect. Hahahaha!
But, save that, here ya go:

Wow... That's pretty damn close to perfect! If I can't get the other rendering I found changed to the right color, I'll likely go with this - Thank you so much!!
Old 10-07-2014, 02:38 PM   #6
magwakeenercew2jh
RAT1968 '68 Cab/'71 Parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBoy80 View Post
I just found a rendering that's basically exactly what I want to do, aside from the color... If it were the right color, it would be perfect.
Sorry I can't commit more to this for you and your dad....But here are my final refinements to your (and my) original sketch.

Possibly, although I should have put the wipers on it, someone with a little more artful touch can use that next rendering as a template.
But, alas, I've approached my level of "expertise". Hahahaha!

By the way; I was looking at this P-Shop and thought, "Hey!" "That looks familiar".
Guess it is. This is my truck, "Rat".

My hat is off to your father in his fight. We're no strangers to cancer here at Casa de Magwa.

But always a rat.

Last edited by magwakeenercew2jh; 10-07-2014 at 02:51 PM.
magwakeenercew2jh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 02:55 PM   #7
DannyBoy80

Quote:
Sorry I can't commit more to this for you and your dad....But here are my final refinements to your (and my) original sketch.

Possibly, although I should have put the wipers on it, someone with a little more artful touch can use that next rendering as a template.
But, alas, I've approached my level of "expertise". Hahahaha!

By the way; I was looking at this P-Shop and thought, "Hey!" "That looks familiar".
Guess it is. This is my truck, "Rat".

My hat is off to your father in his fight. We're no strangers to cancer here at Casa de Magwa.
And I thank you so much for your help! I'm sorry to hear that you've had a similar experience in your family... It's certainly the worst thing I've experienced in my life, thus far.

PS - LOVE your truck!!
Old 10-08-2014, 06:20 PM   #8
DannyBoy80

I just want it to be known that, in response to an identical post I made over on Lateral-G.net, Chris from Roadster Shop, who originally designed the truck I found and used as an example in a recent post above, stepped up and very quickly and accurately brought my dream to life. Words can't express the appreciation I have for such a generous act from what I can only describe as an amazing person and company. Thank you, Chris and Roadster Shop for helping me create this lasting memory with my dad!

My father gave his big blue F250 the name "Jethro" a long time ago because he's a redneck and, well, I think he just thought it was funny... But that's what he calls it to this day and, thus, it's the truck's name. In his honor, made possible by Chris @ Roadster Shop, I present to you "JETH-ROD"

Old 10-10-2014, 10:11 AM   #9
McCoyAZ

Talk about a class act.....That is a great story and a great rendering.
McCoyAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 11:18 AM   #10
68shortwide

Wow. Thats Beautiful.
1968 ShortWide
1969 ShortStep
68shortwide is offline   Reply With Quote